Thursday, December 19, 2013

December, The Month of Crazy

December, you are the month of crazy. I'm not even talking about shopping for Xmas. That has it's own scale of insanity.

Pre-registration at Delta for the semester starts tomorrow. I have to call and make an appointment with my adviser, and at some point I need to find out which campus I have to go to for testing. I've gotten three answers so far. Two of them have posted that we can't use calculators (not that it will make much difference for me, I'm sure), but the other post said we can bring them as long as they don't have internet access or a qwerty keypad.

After I find out all the details to the testing madness, I have to track down my shot records. Hello, does the place where I received my vaccinations even exist anymore?  The last vaccine I remember was when I was fourteen and got a tetanus shot at the clinic across from the city park. My mom drove me over there. The shot was required for school, and I was pretty much ready to get it over with. It was a quick, over and done deal, but I have no idea if the building is even there anymore. On top of that, I think I may need another tetanus shot to have everything up to date, which is fine. I just need to know something for sure.

This weekend, hubby and I have to buy a new bed and set it up for Oldest. He's coming home for Xmas, next week. We'll be picking him up from the airport on Xmas Eve's Eve, so we're cutting it close. Poor dude, he has no idea he's coming home to no heating. That reminds me, we're going to have to buy a space heater for his room as well.

Now for writing. This, yeah, see, this is what has me super anxious these days. I have two novels printed up and ready for my attention. They both need to be heavily revised before I can submit them. One novel is very high priority, but I have this nervous aversion to working on it. And I have printed copies of my Werekind stories that need to be re-edited. There's a lot of work to be done, and it has me very antsy. I'm thinking once I get everything to a point where I can send it out, I can delegate some of the necessary steps. We'll see.

Deep breath. And another. These days I have to continually remind myself  I can only do one thing at a time.

3 comments:

  1. I had to get my tetanus shot when I went back to school. I couldn't even remember when I'd last gotten it. It was very stressful. I hear you about stress. Christmas is stressing me out and trying to get any sort of writing done. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know about the tetanus shot. I'll probably have the do it just to be safe. It's not a big deal. I think it's only $10 at the clinic. And oy, yes, the stress of Xmas. I'm ready for the New Year already. ;o) Hang in there, Nancy. We'll make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *have them do it <---the nurses. Sigh. I can't post without typos. lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^